- *NEW* Drug Take Back Message from the Attorney General: https://youtu.be/LDYumMcddKE
- *NEW* Time-lapse video of 66,000+ lbs. of unused medications: https://youtu.be/SkZOw_qvnwI
- *NEW* The option to print a list of all local drug disposal locations near you is now available on the Dose of Reality website: http://doseofrealitywi.gov/drug-takeback/find-a-take-back-location/. Use this for social media posts and posters in your community.
In 2016, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation constructed a J-Turn at the intersection of WIS 54 with Wood and Portage County U (between Wisconsin Rapids and Plover). The J-Turn was built to address identified safety issues at this location.
Safety benefits of J-Turns include:
- Reduces crash potential – particularly far side, right-angle crashes
- Simplifies driving for the motorist – only required to look at one direction of traffic at a time
- Provides additional space for longer vehicles in the median
- Easily retrofitted – often without purchasing additional right-of-way
- Low cost (compared to an interchange or overpass) while still providing at-grade access
Learn how to drive the WIS 54/Wood and Portage County U J-Turn here:
Read more about other J-Turns in Wisconsin:
Location: Saratoga Town Hall
Saturday September 30, 2017
Saturdays May 20 & September 9, 2017 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Grand Rapids Town Garage (old transfer site)
2811 Two Mile Ave., Wis. Rapids, WI
Residents from all municipalities are welcome! Bring items that you want to discard but someone else can use (e.g. small appliances, lawn care items, household goods, bicycles, seasonal decorations, knick-knacks, office equipment, books, CDs/DVDs/VHS tapes/records, clothes, etc. Items need not be in working order….